I found myself with a dilemma while doing my city; my City Train Station (Set 60050) ended up on the wrong side of the road. This meant that Minifigs could not get to it safely.
There was only one thing to do, create a pedestrian bridge.
There were design considerations:
- It needed to accommodate minifigs and be to scale.
- It needed to allow trains to go under safely.
- It needed to be able to fit on the station without significant modifications to it.
- It needed to easily fit facing either way and either side of the station
- it needed to park some bicycles
I broke a rule while building, the landings are seven studs wide, an uneven number but it allowed me to centre the staircase on each side and make the corner landings big enough for minifigs.
It is easily fitted to the City Train Station by removing the end foundation plate fitting the bridge using the 2×4 brick to lock it in place and refitting the baseplate. Alternatively, you could replace the 2×4 brick with two 1×4 Technic bricks and 2 Technic pins.
You may need to mirror build it to fit it to your requirements.